A turbo convection oven is a brilliant device that cooks food faster than traditional ovens and generally takes up less space too.
These have an innovative technology where the device consumes lower energy and circulates the heat for faster heating and cooking. Using lower energy also allows it to decrease electricity bills in the long run.
These reasons, along with taking up less counter space have made these ovens very popular. But if you want to buy your first one, you should do a little research to learn more about the individual features it comes with.
Looking in-depth at the ovens is also a good idea because you get to judge based on their unique features, and those can in turn help you find the best turbo convection oven.
For a complete guide, you can take a look at our article here that has all the information you need to buy one of the fine ovens.
Best Turbo Convection Oven Reviews
Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer
- ✅OIL LESS & HEALTHIER CHOICE: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer fry with little to no oil and still keep the deep-fried crispy texture of food; frying bowl and pan combo separates food in the basket from fat and oil dripping down the pan.
- ✅ALL-IN-1 MACHINE: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer is not only an air fryer. With wide temperature range from 180℉ to 400℉, this large air fryer allows you to air fry, bake, grill, roast, toast.
- ✅EVEN & POWERFUL HEATING: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer Circulates super-hot air around food to cook your meals faster thanks to the 1300W powerful built-in fan and 360° air convection system.
- ✅COOK LIKE A PRO: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer oven offers adjustable time and temperature control via built-in Technology to ensure delicious results for foods like meat, seafood, and vegetables, and includes a cookbook containing 50 popular recipes.
- ✅SUPER SIZED CAPACITY: Large-sized 16-quart frying bowl easily fits a whole chicken for 3-6 people – great for dinner parties; the container is deep to leave enough space between food and heating tubes to avoid overheating.
This is the Big Boss Air Fryer that lets you cook all sorts of delicious foods with a lot less oil making them healthy while tasting great. Since this is the main goal we have with food today, let us check this one out.
You can use this to grill, bake, roast, fry and do so much more, with a lot less oil content than what you would normally require in a traditional oven.
There are only two controls here, but that is all you need. This oven is all about being fast and fuss-free. One of the controls is for the temperature, which you can alter according to the different foods you make.
The other is the timer with its auto-shutoff. Meaning, you can set the timer and leave the food to be. Even if you forget to take it out, it won’t burn and will stop after the allocated time.
And honestly, it is pretty hard to not notice the food, thanks to the glass bowl. Being completely clear has its perks. You get to observe the food all the way through, so you never forget.
- Includes two dials and auto shut off
- Triple cooking power with infrared, halogen, and convection
- Capacity is up to 16 quarts
- Two shelves allow two meals to cook at once
- 1300 watts of cooking power
Rosewill Convection Oven
This is the Rosewell Convection Oven which promises to be an invaluable addition to your kitchen counter. Termed a must-have in a modern kitchen, this one has a good capacity of up to 18 quarts that lets it cook a good amount of food at one go.
You can even put it up to 3 whole layers, and have a different snack or meal in each layer. This way, you get to cook more food at once. Not to mention, it is faster than a regular oven, so the efficiency is very high.
Using the extender ring that comes with this, it is possible to extend the capacity when required. Since you are not always cooking a lot, use this when you are to keep things simple. The high rack is more suitable for roasting while the lower is better for baking.
And if that impressed you, wait till you hear that it also consumes less power. Which means, lower electricity bills!
There is the convection technology that helps to give that beautiful brown crisp on the outside while keeping the inside nice and juicy.
- Two dial controls to set temperature
- Capacity is up to 18 quarts
- 3 layers of cooking for faster meals
- 1300 watts of cooking power
NutriChef’s PKRTO28 Convection Oven- Best Turbo Oven
- DUAL HOT PLATES: NutriChef’s PKRTO28 is a multifunctional kitchen oven that comes with dual hot plates in large and small. Other than that, it has other versatile cooking styles such as bake on baking tray, grill with griddle, toast, turbo, rotisserie, broil and roast
- CONTROL CONSOLE: Adjust time, temperature and functions with the oven cooker front panel rotary controls. The convenient cooking lamp and easy access glass door make cooking easier than ever. The 60-minute timer ensures ideal results every time
- 1400 WATT POWER: This kitchen convection oven has an energy efficient high power heating element at 1400 watts. The hot plate power is 1000 Watt (Large) and 600 Watt (Small). The maximum temperature setting is 450 °F
- 30 QUARTS CAPACITY: Cook for a lot of people with this toaster oven’s 30+ quarts capacity. Even though it can cook more, it is actually compact with an exact dimension of 19.6’’ x .16.0’’ x 13.5’’ that’s perfect for any kitchen countertop or tabletop
- EASY TO CLEAN: The stain resistant housing, slide-out tray, and removable grill rack make the convection toaster oven roaster easy to clean after everyday use. It also has an easy to access glass door and weighs 28 lbs
If you want the absolute best in terms of turbo ovens, then this is one worth checking out. It has a very high capacity of 30 quarts, so it will take up a little more space than other ones.
But at the same time, it also means that you can cook and bake more food simultaneously. For users with bigger families or ones who like to cook in large batches, this is a suitable design to check out.
It also carries an impressive cooking power of 1400 watts. Since a higher power means faster-cooked food, we know this will be pretty fast and efficient.
The oven is multifunctional because you can make a variety of foods using this. There are two hot plates provided, one in small and the other large.
Other cooking features which this holds are the toast, broil, roast, grill wit griddle, bake, rotisserie, and turbo. The more the features, the better the oven, and the more meals you can make.
The oven itself is stain resistant. This feature does not contribute to the actual cooking or food quality but surely helps to clean up afterward. And anyone who has ever cleaned ovens before can vouch for how hard it really is.
- Capacity is up to 30 quarts
- 1400 watts of cooking power
- Stain-resistant housing makes it easy to clean
- Includes front panel rotary panels for controls
- Comes with dual rack positions
NutriChef Convection Oven
- AIR FRYING MADE EASY: Simply insert food into the hot air fryer, set the time and temperature and cook your ingredients efficiently and most importantly, healthily..High Powered Heating Element: 1200 Watt | Temperature Settings: 149°F – 482°F | Maximum Time Setting: 60 MinutesCooking Bowl Size (L x H): 13.0” x 6.7” | Cooking Bowl Capacity: 13+ Quarts
- VERSATILE USE: The air fryer toaster oven has the ability to defrost, broil, roast, bake, steam, grill, and BBQ. Perfect for chicken, steak, ribs, fish, shrimp and more. No need to preheat or defrost frozen meat for the best flavor and taste.
- HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE: The infrared convection toaster oven was laboratory tested to prepare healthier meals more efficiently. The air fryer convection oven requires little to no oil added.
- BETTER THAN TRADITIONAL FRYING: The air fryer oven is safer than the outdated method of a deep fry pan and basket. Rapid air circulation makes this style of rack cooking optimal.
- PERFECTLY CRISPED: The oven air fryer cooks your food brown and crispy on the outside and keeps its moist on the inside without the excessive use of oils that contains too much fat. Perfect for making fries and chips.
This convection oven from NutriChef is designed for single users or small to mid-sized families who would like to shift to a healthier alternative with their meals.
Using this is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is put in the food, set the required temperature and time, and have your food out in no time! Being health-conscious and using less oil is one of the finest parts of this oven. And is one of the reasons why we love it so much.
This is where the air fryer and infrared cooking comes in. Both of these have been put in to use less oil and create healthier meals that taste just as good.
Even though this says air fryer, it can actually do a lot more. Versatility is one of the key points here. You can use this to bake, roast, broil, grill, steam, and BBQ. Now that really is a big variety, and you get all of it from this one device.
- Comes with 6 oven functions
- 1200 watt of cooking power
- Includes a maximum time setting of 60 minutes
- Bowl capacity is a maximum of 13 quarts
- ENERGY-SAVING DESIGN – This 1200W tabletop oven combines innovative halogen, convection, and infrared technologies to cook meals in 25% to 50% less time than a conventional oven.
- COMPLETE COOKING SET – Use the included stainless steel frying pan, dual cooking racks, lid holder, tongs, and recipe manual to create meals in a variety of cooking styles. Separate dials let you easily control the temperature and cooking timer.
- GLASS COOKING BOWL – Keep an eye on food while cooking with the convenient 12-quart glass bowl. It’s heat-resistant and dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- HEALTHIER MEALS – This air fryer oven lets you cook crispy foods with little to no oil or fats. The steam option also helps to retain the natural flavor, color, and nutrients of your vegetables.
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Glass, Stainless Steel, Plastic. Dimensions: (L) 16.5″ x (W) 16.5″ x (H) 13″. Color: White.
If you are looking at this oven from Classic Cuisine, it means you want an oven that is fast and efficient. These are the two keywords when it comes to this particular design. The oven cooks food 50% faster than traditional ovens with the same feature.
At the same time, it also consumes lesser energy, which gives you more savings on your electricity bill. If that isn’t a win-win situation, what is?
There are two separate dials. One for the temperature, which you can adjust according to different meals. The range available is between 125 and 250 degrees. The other is for setting the time.
Capacity wise, this has a maximum of 17 quarts. 12 quarts is what you normally get with the bowl. But in times of special occasions when you want to cook more, use the extender ring provided to increase this capacity by 5 quarts.
Power is just as impressive here at 1200 watts. The high power ensures us that the food will be cooked fast and efficiently.
More ease of use, the oven includes dual racks so you can put in different foods in different layers. It also comes with a frying pan, a lid holder, and tongs, all of which are put in to make usage more comfortable.
- Can contain between 12 to 17 quarts
- 1200 watts of cooking power
- Up to 75% more energy efficient
- Dual racks and extender ring included
Turbo Convection Oven Buying Guide
One of the first things to check for is the size of the oven. Of course, it has to match with the counter space you plan on keeping it on. These are in general not too big, so you should not have a hard time finding one, but still measuring never hurts.
Besides the size, when trying to buy the best turbo convection oven, you also need to look at the capacity. This means you want to know how much food it can cook at once. This entirely depends on your budget and preference.
Larger ones will cost more, and vice versa. But if you solely want to use this oven for all purposes, it is better to make the investment and get a bigger size that can accommodate a lot of food.
You want to be able to do more than just cooking with this device. So look into models that can be used for grilling, baking, steaming, or even roasting so you can get a wide range of dishes. The main idea is to be able to do more with less and having these extra features really makes the oven worth every penny.
You might or might not find all these features together in one model. You might even find more in some! When deciding you must look solely for the factors you need. If you have a separate oven for baking or a grilling machine you use, these are features you can exclude.
Triple Cooking Feature
Triple cooking refers to the ovens that come with infrared. These ovens use infrared radiation from a halogen lamp, which heats the food. Along with that, the convection feature works with a fan, where the heat is circulated through the air into the food.
This helps to cook the food faster, and hence is a feature you should be looking for. It makes the purchase a lot more worth it.
Ease of Use
Ease of use plays a big part in how well you can operate the device. While some come with a good display and lots of features making it easy to work with, others have a few buttons at most and can only work with a few dishes.
Now, this is completely up to you, but we highly recommend you check to see how well you can handle it in the long run. This includes looking for things like a cool-down switch, various cooking settings, and so on.
Cooking presets are something most modern ovens have, and they carry this to make sure that you do not have a hard time using the oven.
For regular meals like chicken, you can simply use a preset and have it cooked. This does not require you to input multiple details and numbers every single time.
Now, the chicken was just one example. But a lot of ovens carry many such presets. You can check them to see what you require most and choose the oven accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is The Best Countertop Convection Oven To Buy?
The Black & Decker Countertop Convection Toaster Oven takes first place if you are looking for the finest countertop convection oven. This is a spacious oven that can fit a ton of food to feed a big family.
Be it two pizzas, casseroles, or even entire chickens, it can accommodate it. And this also means faster cooking, which is always a plus.
Is It Worth It To Get A Convection Oven?
It is totally worth getting a convection oven. This kind of oven has the heating element set at the top and a fan at the bottom. This enables better circulation which makes sure that the food is thoroughly and evenly cooked.
What Does Turbo Mean On A Convection Oven?
The turbo in convection ovens stands for the fanning of the hot air. As convection ovens use a fan to circulate hot air, the term turbo is used here in addition. In other words, it is simply what convection ovens do in general.
If you are concerned about energy saving and want to live a greener life, then ditching the regular oven for one of these is a good idea. From being smaller in size to cooking smaller portions to saving on electricity bills, these really come with a lot of pros.
To buy the best turbo convection oven we suggest you take a moment to check out this article and see all the different designs compared.
It will give you a clearer idea of what to choose for your personal needs. Do check for space and measurements to see that the oven fits into your desired space.
Jen Lin-Liu is the founder of Black Sesame Kitchen. A Chinese-American writer and a nationally certified Chinese chef in Beijing. Jen is the author of two memoirs, Serve the People: A Stir-Fried Journey Through China and On the Noodle Road: From Beijing to Rome with Love and Pasta.