Winemakers love the artistry of making wine, yet often are trapped in paperwork and tedious management tasks. Keeping handwritten lists, delegating harvest tasks verbally, inputting lab analysis results by hand into Excel spreadsheets, and organizing data for TTB reports are not where winemakers want to spend their time.
Nor is it a profitable use, especially for custom crush facilities, where winemakers manage multiple clients with separate inventories and a need for progress updates. One Napa facility shed the cost of extra help and saved over 32 hours a week when they switched to using software, allowing winemakers to refocus on making client wines.
The software they chose was InnoVint, a daily workflow software that helps winemakers manage grower contracts, schedule crush arrivals, calculate tank capacity for fermentation, make blending decisions, and everything from bud break to bottle. The founder’s vision was to streamline winemaking inefficiencies and let winemakers return to their artistry.
“Excel is our biggest competitor,” laughs Kevin Williams, InnoVint’s Sales Director. “Most wineries still manage their business through spreadsheets and notebooks. They haven’t yet invested in looking at their production through a modern lens. Wineries want insights that help them make better decisions and gain efficiencies to make better wine at a better cost for higher profitability.”
InnoVint has the winemaker knowledge and technology experience to meet wineries where they are with an approachable solution. Some examples of what makes InnoVint a standout:
- No internet connectivity barriers ― Wineries often hesitate to switch from Excel and paper to cloud-based software because of poor internet connectivity, especially in the vineyard. InnoVint solved that so users can add data on their phones in real time and trust the software to update when it reconnects.
- Cost tracking from vineyard to case goods, including understanding profit on wine sales― Wineries can increase their cost accounting accuracy and easily calculate profitability.
- Full traceability in a single view ― InnoVint stays on top of stringent label regulations for additive and ingredient tracking to help protect wineries from errors and oversights that could trigger audits.
- TTB Reporting with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- 3D tank maps ― InnoVint provides a spatial virtual-reality view of the tanks and barrels, letting cellar masters drag and drop them just like a video game, or interact with critical status data like capacity, fill date and amount, and open work orders.
Whether you’re a small winery, a large custom crush facility, or an enterprise-level organization, InnoVint will help you move away from paper or legacy software that doesn’t work for your business to a solution that puts winemaking first. Winemakers say that InnoVint lets them achieve high-quality wines by shifting their time from the headaches and busywork of running a business to the joy and profits of making wine.
Stop by the InnoVint booth to talk with the team about bringing your winery into InnoVint’s modern lens of winemaking management.
WIN Expo Booth: 402
WIN Expo Exhibitors by Category:
North Coast Wine Industry Expo – WIN Expo – at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa, CA on Thursday, December 1, 2022.