Are you looking for the best juicer for greens? If so, look no further – we’ve put together a list of the top 10 options on the market today. Not all juicers are created equal, so it’s important to select one that is specifically designed for extracting the most juice from leafy vegetables.
In this blog post, we will discuss the different features to consider when purchasing a juicer, as well as our top 10 picks. So whether you’re a seasoned juicing enthusiast or just getting started, read on for some helpful advice and recommendations.
You will want to choose a juicer that will produce optimal nutrition when you add it to your kitchen repertoire. The fibrous nature of leafy greens makes the juicing process challenging since the strands can clog the machine.
Greens, such as spinach leaves, work best when juiced in a cold press juicer. You can make an extract from just about anything edible in the world that’s thin, skinny, and under the sun.
Juicing leafy greens in a blender might produce an unexpected outcome because not all juicers are created equal. The paperlike leaves on those plants are challenging to juice as opposed to carrots or apples!
Our reviews of the 10 best juicers for leafy greens will give you tips on what to look for when selecting the right machine for your household.
Top 10 Juicers for Leafy Greens Review 2023
You can quickly compare what we think are 10 of the best juicers for leafy greens from the table below. Our reviews of each product include a detailed analysis of its pros and cons.
Our Top Pick – Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite – Editor’s Choice
With the Tribest GSE-5050, you get more than just a juicer. It is a masticating juicer that produces so much more than ordinary juice. A fine grinder can also be used for grinding nuts and grains. The juicer is built with stainless steel twin gears to ensure that whatever goes in the feed chute only comes out as juice and very dry pulp. It is a modern juicer, but thanks to its grip, it’s not awkward or cumbersome to use.
Masticating juicers like the Tribest, which are different from centrifugal juicers because they crush and squeeze the juice out of produce, instead of relying purely on speed. As well as restricting airflow during juicing, this juicer keeps nutrients from being oxidized, saving them.
It is very easy to disassemble the Tribest GSE-5050 for cleaning. As an added bonus, the pulp can be ejected easily from the machine for easy cleaning.
Leafy greens can be juiced with this juicer and it costs over $500 if you buy it. However, the mesh is a bit tricky to wash, even though the majority of the screen can be washed easily.
- Nuts can be ground with it
- Cleaning is easier due to the pulp ejection feature
- Keeps juice’s nutrients
Best Value For Money – Hurom HH-SBB11 Elite – Best Value for Money
- Hurom’s newest, most advanced masticating juicer utilizes the new twin-winged auger and Hurom’s 2nd generation patented Slow Squeezing TechnologyTM (SST) to extract 35% more juice from your foods than with traditional high-speed juicers, leaving less and drier pulp.
- Slow Squeezing TechnologyTM by Hurom gently squeezes ingredients, preserving natural taste & nutrients lost by high-speed juicers that grind and crush. Slow juicing also retains heat-sensitive nutrients such as Vitamins A and C, and live enzymes
- The Hurom Elite Slow Juicer is easier to juice and easier to clean with simplified parts and more effective advanced self-cleaning system than previous Hurom models.
- The Hurom Elite Slow Juicer can easily process hard & soft fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, wheatgrass, nuts, and soy to make a variety of juices, milks, sauces, marinades, even baby food, fresh soymilk, nut milks & tofu.
- This machines is equipped with an advanced safety lock system. The machine will not turn on unless all pieces are lock into place properly. Only then will motor activate, for safety reasons.**The Hurom Elite Slow Juicer’s powerful motor’s near-silent operation uses only 150 watts of energy and is backed by a 10-year warranty on the motor and 2 years on parts.
Slow masticating juicers such as the Hurom HH-SBB11 Elite are available. Vertical juicers are easier to use because the produce can be pushed down more easily. It uses durable stainless steel and BPA-free plastic parts, so there are no harmful chemicals or toxins in your freshly squeezed juice. It’s great for leafy greens because of the masticating capability of the Hurom HH-SBB11.
Through a tough Ultem strainer (which is approximately 8 times as strong as a regular strainer) it slowly crushes and squeezes the juice out of the produce. This juicer makes sure you get every drop of juice thanks to its slow squeezing technology.
Additionally, it can be used to process nuts and even soybeans to make milk in addition to juicing both soft and hard produce. Also, the Hurom HH-SBB11 features a cooling system so that the motor stays cool for longer periods. Additionally, unless the latches are secured, the juicer won’t start.
It is efficient, but its plastic components are somewhat flimsy, so they must be handled carefully while using. Juicers with 2-year warranties are worth buying, since they come with a warranty.
- A durable, ultem strainer has been installed on it
- BPA is not used in the manufacture of this product
- Soybeans and nuts can be used for making milk
- Compared to others, its parts are less durable
Best Powerful Juicer – Omega J8007S – Most Powerful
With Omega’s J8007S masticating juicer, you’ll be able to juice quite a bit of produce, from soft to hard, including greens. The juicer has a two horsepower motor, making it very powerful. J8007S operates at 80 RPM, which keeps the motor cooler for a longer period and allows the juice to be extracted efficiently while preserving the nutrients at the same time.
Juicers with automatic pulp ejection systems can save you valuable time by not making you stop in the middle of your work to clean the pulp. The Omega J8007S also comes with a large food tray, making it easier to juice with. Juicer parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher, so it won’t need to be cleaned very often. Moreover, Omega J8007S comes with a brush that can be used to assist with cleaning and removing pulp from the strainer.
You can reduce pulp in the juice by straining the Omega J8007S. Juicing fruits and vegetables can also be time-consuming due to the juicer’s smaller feed chute.
- Cleaning takes less than five minutes (takes less than 30 seconds)
- Every fruit and vegetable can be juiced with good results
- It is made of parts that are BPA-free
- Juice can be tainted sometimes by pulp
Best For Easy Clean – Omega VRT350 (Silver) – Easiest to Clean
- Low speed, masticating style juicing system Juicer processes at 80rpm’s, squeezing instead of grinding. This allows the juice to maintain its pure color, natural taste, vitamins and nutrients.
- Small, vertical footprint takes up less space in your kitchen. Dual stage juicer. First, juice is extracted by crushing the fruit or vegetable. Then, before the pulp is ejected, the pulp is squeezed during the second pressed stage. This results in a higher yield of juice and a very dry pulp.
- Economical since the juicer is so efficient and productive, you’ll get the greatest amount of nutrient rich juice from the least amount of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens. The low speed system limits froth and foam preventing oxidation. Juice can be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation or juice separation.
- Three settings: On, Off and Reverse. Reverse is an option to use when something is stuck or you need to unclog.
- Over-sized spout serves up drinks easily.
Using an auger to slowly crush and squeeze the juice out of the fruits, the Omega VRT350 is a dual stage masticating juicer that produces the highest yielded juice possible. It also removes pulp as it extracts juice. Using the Omega VTR350 is so much easier because it has a vertical design.
Among the most powerful condensed motors available, this one is one of the best in the industry. Omega VRT350 also comes with a self-cleaning feature that helps make it easy to keep it clean. You can also reverse the process to unclog the juicer if it becomes clogged.
When juiced leafy greens, however, the Omega VRT350 yields a slightly wet pulp. It has a high chance of getting clogged when eating fibrous products like onions, leeks, kale, etc.
- The vertical design of this juicer means it has a smaller footprint than other juicers
- At its price point, this juicer is a good buy.
- Reduces waste to a minimum
- When using leafy greens, it produces a wet pulp
Best Budget Picker Juicer – Aicok AMR521 – Budget Pick
- EASY TO CLEAN: Protects your juicer from various kitchen elements. High quality water resistant fabric, even stained with juice, you can quickly wipe clean
- EXTENDED SERVICE LIFE: Sunlight, cat hair, and even dust may accelerate the depreciation of your masticating juicer, and a small cover can easily solve these problems
- MAXIMIZE THE USE OF LIMITED SPACE: The double side pocket design can hold the cleaning brush and other accessories. Two small loops make the cover easy to take on and off, and can be hung when using the juice machine to increase the space for the desktop
- ELEGANT PIPING: Constructed with durable material, this cover will stand up nicely without your appliance in it, and can serve you well for years to come
- ACCURATE MEASUREMENT: 7 x 13 x 13.5 inches, this standard cover is great for Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor AMR521 and other similar size juice machines
As one of the cheapest masticating juicers on the market, the Aicok Juice Extractor is one of the most popular. The juicer isn’t cheap because it lacks quality simply because it’s cheap. Leafy greens yield above-average yields from the Aicok juice extractor. With its removable parts that can be cleaned in the dishwasher and the cleaning brush included, assembling and cleaning this juicer is simple and straightforward.
It reduces the risk of the motor overheating and keeps the juice’s nutritional value intact because the Aicok juice extractor operates at a slow 80 RPM. Juicing early in the morning will not disturb your entire household due to the low noise level of the juicer. In addition to the excellent strainer in the Aicok juice extractor, there is also a foam and pulp reduction mechanism.
Its plastic construction, however, makes it less durable than higher end juice extractors. Leafy greens are fine, but hard and soft produce don’t do as well.
- Leafy greens produce good yields
- Juicers like this are quiet
- The surface is very easy to clean
- There are better juicers out there
Best Juicers For Greens – Omega Juicers NC900HDC Juicer Extractor – Best Juicer For Greens to buy in 2021
- Cold Press Slow Juicer: This juice maker machine operates at a slow 80 RPM to minimize heat buildup and oxidation, promoting maximum nutrient extraction and healthy enzymes
- Versatile Kitchen Tool: Turn nuts into nut butter, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, mince herbs and garlic, make baby food and frozen desserts, and quickly whip up soy milk with the help of this versatile electric juicer and nutrition system
- Max Flavor and Nutrients: This fruit juicer machine uses dual-stage masticating technology to extract the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, flavor and juice from minimal amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass
- Adjustable End Cap: Features 5 pressure settings designed to ensure maximum juice output and extraction; An automatic pulp ejection system allows you to enjoy continuous juicing
- Easy To Use: Equipped with a powerful but quiet gear reduction equivalent to a 2HP motor, this juice maker generates enough torque to process tough ingredients; Juice press also features an extra-large feed tray and convenient built-in handle
When it comes to single-gear masticators, the Omega Nutrition Center NC900HDC is probably the best option for leafy greens. It has a slim design and a stylish chrome finish, which makes it look gorgeous at first glance. The J8006 has a smaller feed chute, which means the prep time is reduced by 20%. Although it is still much slower than using a centrifuge, this is still an appreciated improvement.
In actuality, the juicer does an excellent job. Juicing is possible with everything from ginger to cucumber, and wheatgrass to spinach and arugula, with no discrimination between the products.
There are five different settings for materials with different densities, which makes it different from other masticators. Settings 1 – 3 would work well for soft foods like citrus, while setting 5 would work well for things like carrots.
Several users have noticed that setting 5 extracts the most juice from thin leaves, but the pulp has a tendency to become dry and dusty. You know all the nutrients from the vegetables are in there because the juice is really thick and the color is vibrant – this means your body will benefit right away.
In addition, you can also make sorbet with the Omega when you’re in the mood for a fibrous drink. Add some frozen bananas or strawberries, and there is a delicious, chilled drink full of vitamins and fiber. Do you prefer an alcoholic beverage with healthy fats? Try making nut butter with the machine. It isn’t necessary to buy a separate machine to make soy and nut milk. It can easily make both types of milk.
You also get 6 pasta nozzles included in the package, adding to its versatility. Despite the price tag of the machine, it is able to be put to such great use that you’ll see it’s an extremely good investment at the end of the day.
Cleaning is a piece of cake. The parts can be washed in less than 5 minutes if they are placed in warm soapy water immediately after use. Plastic dries on its own without the risk of rusting, so there’s no need to wipe the fixtures dry.
Amazon.com: Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor and Nutrition System Creates Fruit Vegetable and Wheatgrass Juice Quiet Motor Slow Masticating Dual-Stage Extraction with Adjustable Settings, 150-Watt, Metallic: Electric Masticating Juicers: Home & Kitchen
- Juice yields are high
- You can choose between five types of vegetables
- Warranty period of 15 years
- Operation is quiet
- You can also order nut milk, nut butters, and pasta from them
- Screen that is fragile
Best Value Juicer – Mueller Austria Juicer – Best Value
- Why the Mueller Ultra Juicer – Under its sleek modern stainless-steel design and low countertop footprint, it packs the punch of a much larger, bulkier and more expensive juicer, at a fraction of the size and cost. Create a 16 oz cup of juice in seconds, with less clogging and less foaming.
- Dual-speed Versatility – “1” low speed runs from 12000 to 15000 RPM for softer fruits like oranges, apples, grapes or tomatoes; “2” high speed runs from 15000 to 18000 RPM for harder fruits like carrots, celery, beets, kale, ginger and more.
- Clean-ups are a Snap – Our Ultra Juicer’s culinary grade stainless steel cutting disc is surrounded by a micro mesh filter to extract more juice, vitamins and minerals, all while being easy to clean and assemble in seconds.
- Made in China with Extra Large Feed Chute – Features an anti-drip function and 3” chute to avoid spillage. A safety locking arm makes sure the cover stays on tight during operation. The overload protection system shuts off the juicer automatically to prevent overheating from an unstable power supply, improper assembly, idle run, etc.
- Our Customer Care Promise – Mueller believes in making life easier, better and more enjoyable in all that we do. We strive to bring you quality products, and ensure we bring you nothing but the best. If you experience any issues with your Ultra Juicer at any time, contact us or any of our authorized sellers, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
As a result, pulp is drier with its 60 RPM spinning speed. The 150-watt motor of this masticating extractor and the wide feed chute make it different from some other models.
No messes on the counter are a result of the anti-drop design. A safety sensor, an easy-to-use machine that is quiet, and an easy-to-use machine with a safety feature Ensure all parts are correctly assembled before turning on the juicer. The manufacturer will extend your warranty by two years if you register your product directly with them.
It is relatively expensive, but cleaning it can be difficult. When cleaning, the pulp chute clogs and food gets trapped beneath the basket. Consequently, clearing the chute takes longer. You may want to consider this if you’re new to juicing and on a tight budget. The problem prevents our runner-up from claiming top honors.
This pick is our pick for the best value due to the price, functionality, Germany-made construction, and professional inspections.
- Pricing on an economic basis
- Warranty of two years
- Chutes with wide openings
- An issue with clogging
- Cleaning is difficult
Best Masticating Juicer – Breville Masticating Slow Juicer
- Masticating juicer extracts maximum juice yield from soft fruits and vegetables
- Ultra quiet 240-watt motor
- Direction control ensures fruit or vegetables can be dislodged from juicing screw
- Filter basket with auto purifying for maximum yield and easy cleaning between juicing
- Measures 8-1/2 by 7-1/2 by 16-inch, 1-year limited warranty
A 240-watt motor runs Breville’s BJS600XL Fountain Crush at 80 RPM. Masticating juicers operate quietly, and are specifically designed for soft fruits and vegetables.
You can dislodge fruits and vegetables from the juicing screw by controlling the direction, and it has a secure-locking system before use, so all parts are firmly locked in place. Overload protection will shut down the machine if the load is too high. For jam clearing and cleaning, it has reverse speed. Parts have a one-year warranty and motors have a ten-year warranty.
For leafy greens, users note that it works well, but if you’re looking for versatility with harder produce, it’s not the right machine. Kale isn’t the best juice for this juicer, it’s an expensive purchase and it’s a disappointment due to the lack of functionality. It’s a hassle to clean.
With the right budget and only juicing soft produce, this option may be suitable. To find juicing solutions that are versatile, look elsewhere.
- System of safe-starting
- Limited one-year warranty on parts
- A 10-year warranty on motors
- Produce only soft products
Best Extraction Juicer – Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juicer Extractor
Centrifugal juicer Cuisinart CJE-1000 has a 1,000-watt motor which is capable of extracting juice from different fruits and vegetables. With an adjustable flow spout, a stainless-steel housing and an LED-lit control panel, this shredder can accommodate whole produce.
The juicer is easy to clean and works well for hard and soft fruits and vegetables alike. If you prefer a thicker consistency, it has a foam reducer as well. You have a three-year warranty with this brand.
A 1,000-watt juicer does not offer cold-pressed juice. A 1,000-watt juicer does not produce dry pulp. If you feed it through multiple times, you will get the most juice from leafy greens. Hard produce is best for this machine.
In spite of its power, this extractor is reasonably priced. Although it works well with carrots and the like, it’s only average when using leafy greens.
- One thousand power watts
- Chutes with wide openings
- Cleans easily
- Warranty of three years
- Pulp that is moist
- Cleaning is difficult
Best Overall Juicer – Aobosi Juicer Machine
- ✔🍇【Multi-purpose for Fruits &Veggies】: This juicer that can extract various of fruits and vegetables in a few minutes, especially works great for veggies, which allows the juice to maintain its pure color, natural taste, vitamins and nutrients. No dirty hands and no splashing. Only a few seconds, you can drink a cup of juice with little pulp and foam. Rich vitamins can help maintain a good figure and enhance immunity. Suitable for weight loss people, children, the elder.
- ✔🍅【High Juice Yield & Richer Nutrition】: Slow masticating juicer can perfectly separate juice and pulp,extracting higher-purity juice and preserving higher nutritional value. Our auger spins at 80 RPM , extracts up to 20% more juice and 30% more vitamins and minerals. 80 rpm lower speed means no heat build-up and less oxidation. Juice cup baffle included can also help to separate juice and pulp further.
- 🍒【Safe & Quiet Operation】: Our cold press juicer equipped with intelligent protection chips, making it stop automatically for every 20 minutes’ operation. 150W motor- less than 60 decibels, small mouth design to put ingredients that prevent your hands getting injured and ensure the ingredients are stoned and peeled for healthier juice. Just enjoying a quiet and safe environment and healthy life when making juice.
- ✔🍉【Quick & Easy to Clean】: This juicer machine features a safety lock design, helps you easy to assemble and disassemble in minutes. Has REVERSE FUNCTION to avoid stuck and helps you to clean. All detachable parts are made of high quality Food Grade anti-oxidation materials, easy cleaning with a bonus brush or can be safely cleaned in your dishwasher.
- ✔🍏 【PREMIUM SERVICE】: For Amazon customers, this product comes with Lifelong Technical Support & 24 Hours PREMIUM SERVICE. If you have any issues about the slow juicer, please contact us first, we will give you the satisfied solution as soon as possible.
In the Aobosi AMR520 Juicer, 80 revolutions per minute are achieved due to a no-heat build-up. It has 150 watts of power. This model has a narrow feed chute, which makes it safe for leafy greens, and the juice is separated from the pulp. Prevent clogging by seeding and peeling all produce.
The reverse function allows the machine to assist if jamming occurs. Even though this juicer is made entirely of plastic, all removable parts can be washed in the dishwasher.
Some users note that produce must be cut into tiny pieces before juicing in order to prevent the plastic feed chute from cracking. Consequently, the process is labor-intensive.
Model construction may have been done with BPA-free plastic, but this is not known. Unless you’re concerned about the plastic construction or need a model that won’t take too long to clean, this isn’t the juicer for you.
Despite its low price, this juicer includes a one-year warranty. Amazon customers can try it for free. The only downside is its questionable durability, so we didn’t rate it higher.
- Parts that can be washed in the dishwasher
Can leafy greens be juiced?
Definitely! The practice is wonderful. If you want your body to work properly, focus on leafy greens that fit your body.
What vegetables should not be juiced?
8 Things You Should Never put in a Juicer
- Whole Apples.
- Whole Citrus Segments.
Can I juice spinach leaves?
Yes, spinach can be juiced. A spinach juicer may not be able to handle this soft leafy green because spinach is a very soft leafy green.
What happens if you drink green juice everyday?
Oxalates are not harmful in a balanced diet if they are consumed from whole vegetables. Juices made from greens are relatively high in oxalate, however. Obesity, kidney stones, and kidney failure (15) are just a few of the side effects of oxalates.
How much kale do you need to juice?
Depending on the recipe, you will use different amounts of kale. A couple of bunches of kale can be used to make pure kale juice. You should be able to use a single bunch if you combine it with other ingredients. You should check the recipe for confirmation.
The popularity of juice continues to grow for good reasons: Juicing has many health benefits. If you found these reviews helpful, let us know what you think. It would be a mistake to overlook the Mueller Austria MU-UJ-1 Ultra Juicer Machine, a masticating juicer that’s both affordable and easy to clean.
Another masticating juicer option that is reasonably priced and has a wider feed chute than similar models is Aicok’s AMR521 Juicer Machine, which is our runner-up and best value pick. Our pick for those who are not concerned with price is the Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite masticating juicer. This juicer is equipped with twin gears and a heavy-duty motor that will provide you with high-quality juice.