Wonder why the Kardashian sisters have those to-die-for bods? Surely by this time, you knew they are hooked into the ketogenic diet and you couldn’t wait to start today. Or if you are already a member of its increasing population and looking for some accurate, informative review on the best butter for the keto diet, we urge you to stay!
Keto diet or high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet has gained controversy in the medical field lately. Yet surprisingly, it is growing in popularity, not only as a way to lose weight but to cure some illnesses, too.
Consuming foods usually high in fats and low in carbohydrates, best butter for keto is a must that provides keto nutrition. Salted and unsalted are equally essential, with different purposes. The first is usually used to add flavor to keto recipes, while the latter is often to complete a fat-packed bulletproof coffee.
Best Butter For Keto Comparison 2023
See more best butter for Keto deals today:
Bestseller No. 1
Keto Nut Butter Fat Bomb, Crunchy – Macadamia Low Carb Nut Butter Blend, Keto Almond Butter with MCT Oil, Cashews (10oz)
- PRODUCT ISSUES? SHIPPING ISSUES? BUY WITH CONFIDENCE 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – When your keto nut butter arrives confirm it wasn’t damaged in transit and the seal is secure. If it was damaged or you don’t love our keto nut butter contact us and we will happily provide a full refund. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Simply contact our support team through Amazon or through e-mail.
- STIR WELL BEFORE EACH USE: This product will naturally separate FOR A CONSISTENT SPOONFUL EACH TIME MAKE SURE TO STIR WELL, THE SALT WILL NATURALLY SETTLE. STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: For a thicker consistency pop it in the fridge for a few minutes (we don’t recommend storing it in the fridge for long periods of time because it gets too thick), for a thinner consistency store this product in a dark, cool cupboard.
- CRUNCHY, SWEET & SALTY KETO NUT BUTTER – A perfect snack for anyone following a low carb or ketogenic diet. Use it in your favorite fat bomb recipe. Eat our nut butter straight out of the jar, add it to smoothies or with full fat yogurt. Eat it with celery or drizzle it over a square of dark chocolate for a delicious keto friendly dessert. Made locally in Oregon, we hand grind our nuts to achieve the perfect consistency.
- MACADAMIA NUTS: These ultra low carb are nutrient dense super nuts which is why they’re the primary ingredient in our formula.
Bestseller No. 2
SuperFat Nut Butter Keto Snacks – Macadamia & Almond Nut Butter Fat Bomb Paleo Snack For Energy, Metabolism & Brain Function, Gluten Free, Low Net Carb Box of 10 x 1.0 oz (Cacao Coconut)
- The ultimate paleo and keto snack on-the-go- A great energy source while fasting or following a low-carb diet. Our keto butter contains a dynamic trifecta of healthy fats, protein, and fiber to help keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Great for everyone—Keto, Paleo, Diabetic, Whole30 or Low Carb diets can enjoy this superfood fuel to support your metabolism and brain function. This high-density energy keto nut butter will give you a boost whenever you need it!
- Delicious & no sugar added– Our nut butter blend has an irresistible flavor that satisfies any cravings without any odd or bitter aftertaste.
- Knead and mix well- This smooth and & rich is best when kneaded well. Make sure to knead our keto butter blend for a delicious no cheat treat to add to your favorite foods.
- Our promise— If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will make it right. Simply contact us and we will refund your order. No return necessary.
Bestseller No. 3
Keto Peanut Butter with Macadamia Nuts and MCT Oil Smooth, 10oz – Keto Nut Butter Spread, Fat bomb, Low carb keto snack (10)
- PRODUCT ISSUES? SHIPPING ISSUES? BUY WITH CONFIDENCE 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE When your keto peanut arrives confirm it wasn’t damaged in transit and the seal is secure. If it was damaged or your don’t love our keto peanut butter contact us and we will happily provide a full refund. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Simply contact our support team through Amazon or through e-mail.
- STIR WELL BEFORE EVERY USE: This product will naturally separate FOR A CONSISTENT SPOONFUL EACH TIME MAKE SURE TO STIR WELL The sea salt will naturally settle if not stirred.
- MACADAMIA NUTS: These ultra low carb, nutrient dense nuts are referred to as the “King of Nuts” which is why we included them in our formula.
- MCT Oil – Made with our premium C8 / C10 MCT Oil from Coconuts. MCT’s are metabolized differently than other fats as they are readily converted into ketones for energy*.
- A PERFECT LOW CARB, KETO SNACK – Add it to your favorite low carb keto yogurt or smoothie. Eat it with celery or drizzle it over a square of dark chocolate for a delicious keto friendly dessert. Made locally in Oregon, we hand grind our nuts to achieve the perfect consistency.
Bestseller No. 4
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread with MCT Oil and real Cocoa (Dark Chocolate). Vegan, Low Carb, No Added Sugar, Dairy & Lactose Free, Ketogenic Gourmet Peanut Butter Fat Bomb, 10 oz
- KETO CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD – Satisfy your cravings with our delicious peanut butter dark chocolate spread.
- PRODUCT ISSUES? SHIPPING ISSUES? BUY WITH CONFIDENCE 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – When your keto chocolate PB arrives confirm it wasn’t damaged in transit and the seal is secure. If it was damaged or you don’t love our keto chocolate peanut butter contact us and we will happily provide a full refund. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Simply contact our support team through Amazon or through e-mail.
- LOW IN CARBS, 0 ADDED SUGAR – With just 1g of net carbs this keto chocolate peanut butter spread is the perfect fat bomb.
- MADE WITH MCT OIL & COCOA – Made with our premium C8 / C10 MCT Oil from Coconuts. MCT’s are metabolized differently than other fats as they are readily converted into ketones for energy*.
- 8g of FAT | 4g of Protein – Each serving contains 8g of fat and 4g of protein and just 1g of net carbs.
Bestseller No. 6
Keto Nut Butter by NuttZo | 7 Nuts & Seeds Blend, Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Kosher | 1g Sugar, 4g Protein, 2g Net Carbs | 12oz Jar
- KETO-LICIOUS NUT & SEED BUTTER: Upgrade your Keto almond butter organic spread with NuttZo Keto Nut Butter. If you already love our gourmet spreads that started a whole nut butter revolution and turned health food upside down, then you’ll be absolutely obsessed with this nutritious special blend of seven nuts and seeds including coconuts, brazil nuts, almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts, flax seeds and chia seeds.
- NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS: Available in original and chocolate flavors, NuttZo Organic Keto Butter is the ultimate mixed nut and seed butter for a low carb or ketogenic lifestyle. Elevate keto snacks with a dab, scoop, or smear. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself eating this two-net-carbohydrate treat by the spoonful!
- POWER FUEL FOR ACTIVE LIFESTYLES: Life is nuts, so we made NuttZo! Our plant-based fit butter is a versatile protein food to blend into your workout and fitness routine or just for healthy snacks at home and on the go. Add to smoothies for monster energy, drizzle on your favorite pancakes or desserts, spread on fruit, crackers and veggies, make a trail butter sandwich or just savor the eatnuttzo life by the spoonful. However you like, snack on!
- CLEAN EATING & PEANUT FREE: This keto butter is a dream combo of organic coconut butter, macadamia nut spread, pumpkin seed butter, flax seeds organic butter, brazil nut butter, hazelnut spread and chia seed butter. There are no peanuts, but if you crave that organic peanut butter creamy spread, we’ve got you covered with NuttZo Peanut Pro Smooth, our natural peanut butter organic alternative for sugar free peanut butter lovers.
- KETO BUTTER: We call it that because we added coconut and macadamia nut butter to the unique blend of nuts and seeds to create an ideal fat to carb ratio for those following a keto diet. This natural vegan butter and crunchy peanut butter alternative is also paleo friendly, gluten free and Kosher, with no added sugar, no palm oil, 4g of protein and non-GMO ingredients.
Bestseller No. 7
Bulletproof InstaMix Original Unflavored Keto Coffee Creamer Packets, Pack of 14, Powdered Grass-Fed Butter and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- Contains fourteen 0.81-ounce packets of Bulletproof InstaMix Keto Coffee Creamer
- InstaMix Keto Creamer combines grass-fed butter and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil: quality fats that work with coffee’s natural caffeine to give you sustained energy
- Grass-fed butter makes your coffee rich and creamy. Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil is sourced from 100% coconut oil and delivers fat-burning ketone energy
- Convenient, pre-portioned packet is travel-friendly so you can make Bulletproof Coffee, instantly—no blender required
- Taste the Bulletproof difference with ingredients you can feel good about. To make your coffee Bulletproof, simply stir one packet of InstaMix Keto Creamer into 8 ounces of coffee
Bestseller No. 8
4th & Heart Original Grass-Fed Ghee, 9 Ounce, Keto, Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose and Casein Free, Certified Paleo
- WE SOURCE THE BEST: Our lactose-free ghee comes from grass-fed, pasture-raised, antibiotic and hormone free New Zealand cows.
- USE ANYTIME: Our shelf-stable ghee is spreadable at room temperature. No refrigeration required
- NO SHORTCUTS: Our ghee is cooked the old-fashioned way, not made with a centrifuge.
- UPGRADE ANY RECIPE: Replace your current butter, olive oil, coconut oil or other cooking oil 1:1 with ghee.
- DIET FRIENDLY: Great addition to any diet – Certified Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free, Ayurvedic, Whole 30, and FODMAP friendly.
Bestseller No. 9
BARNEY Almond Butter, Bare Smooth, No Stir, No Sugar, No Salt, Non-GMO, Skin-Free, Paleo, KETO, 16 Ounce
- SKIN-FREE, CALIFORNIA ALMONDS – We blanch premium California almonds to remove the skin to produce an ultra-smooth, no-stir, grit-free texture
- BARE ESSENTIALS – Only two ingredients – Blanched Roasted Almond and Palm Fruit Oil; the same great taste without added sugar or salt
- NON-GMO – Our small-batch blends use only the finest ingredients
- ALLERGEN FREE – Peanut-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- FITS YOUR LIFESTYLE – Clean eating plant based protein that is certified Paleo, KETO, Vegan and Kosher
Best Butter For Keto Reviews 2023
Since unsalted butter is usually used for bulletproof coffee, we are going to present our top 5 unsalted butter that come from five different nations to allow you to weigh in and understand your butter needs throughout your keto journey.
Bulletproof coffee gives it all. It is not your normal latte, but more. It is a high-performance drink that fuels your body. It also delays hunger and promotes mental attentiveness. Most of all, it gives you the ultimate nutrition that your body needs!
Nevertheless, unsalted butter may be utilized in your keto recipes too, like keto pancake, keto chicken, etc. After all, it all depends on your palate.
Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter – Unsalted
- Brand: Kerrygold
- Flavor: Salted
- Weight: 8 Ounces
- Item Form: Stick, Butter
- Package Weight: 2 Pounds
- It contains high fat which is a primary requirement for a rich BPC
- Made from grass-fed cows
- Soft texture
- Equally perfect for making other foods, or as a butter oil for frying
- Rich flavor.
Not only keto is perfect for this 100% grass-fed butter, but also suitable for vegetarians as it is made using microbial rennet. Ireland is known for fresh butter, as early as the 17th century. Blame it to its good soil, mild climate and moisture-bearing southwesterly wind, plus all the green grass that any cow would chew. It’s not called the Emerald Isle for nothing. As a result, these satisfied herd of cattle produce excellent milk that is later churned into exceptional butter.
This pure Irish butter has a desirable, unbelievable golden color that looks unreal because of its perfection, but is surely natural due to its beta-carotene present in the Irish grass consumed by the cows. It contains a high fat that goes well with bulletproof coffee. Additionally, its foil wrapper preserves the quality and freshness.
Organic Valley, Organic Cultured Butter, Unsalted
Organic Valley Cultured Unsalted Butter, 16 Oz
- Package contains 4 sticks (1 pound) of Organic Valley, Organic Cultured Unsalted Butter
- Organic Valley, Organic Cultured Unsalted Butter is made with organic sweet cream from pasture-raised cows for a rich, creamy taste
- Pound of butter comes packaged in convenient sticks for fast measuring when cooking or baking
- Cultured organic butter adds extra flavor for baked goods, including cookies, cakes and pie crusts
- This churned butter can also be melted for more savory options, such as drizzling on rolls, biscuits, corn muffins and breads
- Brand: Organic Valley
- Flavor: Unsalted
- Weight: 1 Pounds
- Specialty: Organic, Kosher Certified
- Allergen Information: Milk, Dairy
- Versatile butter, can be mixed with any foods
- Fresh and clean
- Delicious aroma
- Higher fat content.
This organic, cultured butter gives an extra rich and velvety homemade-like taste. It is free from synthetic hormones, antibiotics, toxic pesticides or GMO. It is rigorously churned to create a creamy and unique flavor everybody desires from a butter. The master butter makers from the manufacturer vow it is not easy to produce every batch, but promise its worth.
Its high fat content of 11g per 14g per serving is substantial to make a rich, high fat bulletproof coffee. So when you scoop 1 tablespoon of it and mix it on your BPC, you already got 11g, which is 15% of your daily fat requirement. So enormous, isn’t it? Like any others, it is also perfect for cooking foods like vegetables, chicken and meat, as well as a butter oil when frying. Storage is between 32degrees to 38 degrees F in a refrigerator to last up to four months, whereas, a temperature of -10 degrees to -20 keeps up to a year.
Anchor Butter New Zealand, Unsalted
Anchor Butter New Zealand, Unsalted. Pack of 4
- Expiration Date – May 2020
- Free range, Grass Fed Butter. Made from 100% Fresh Milk.
- No hormones. Additive free. Kosher Certified.
- Chefs and Consumers alike love this natural butter.
- PLEASE NOTE: Because this is a perishable product returns can not be accepted. It is the buyers responsibility to freeze the butter on the day of the first attempted delivery by the courier.
- Brand: Anchor Butter
- Flavor: Unsalted
- Weight: 2 Pounds
- Specialty: Butter
- Comes from grass-fed cows
- Packaging comes in organic plastic tubs.
- Tangy-like taste or bland for others.
This 100% grass-fed butter is additive and hormone-free. It is produced from free range cows from the Land of the long white cloud, New Zealand. It has a unique savor that is perfect for any foods, from toasts to buttered chicken, and for bulletproof coffee too. Its two main ingredients, which are pasteurized cream and water, produced a realistic color that is also excellent for baking.
It gives 8 grams of your daily fat requirement when you take 1 tablespoon of it. Unlike the others, this butter is not made from cultured milk, which others say the reason why it is blander. Due to the origin country’s law, cows are raised under humane living condition 365 days a year. This means that they feed only on grass, which is proven to provide butter that is rich in Omega 3, beta carotene and Vitamin A.
Allgau Grassfed German Butter, Unsalted
FOND O FOODS German Butter, 8.8 OZ
- ONE 8.8 OZ. STICK OF GERMAN BUTTER
- ONE 8.8 OZ. STICK OF GERMAN BUTTER
- ONE 8.8 OZ. STICK OF GERMAN BUTTER
- ONE 8.8 OZ. STICK OF GERMAN BUTTER
- ONE 8.8 OZ. STICK OF GERMAN BUTTER
- Brand: Fond O Foods
- Flavor: Unsalted
- Weight: 0.55 Pounds
- Allergen Information: Milk
- Package Weight: 0.56 Pounds
- 100% grass fed
- Hormone-free, rBST-free
- Delicious taste
- Versatile, can be used in any foods.
For many decades, farm owners in Allgau, Germany raised their cow only grass and grass hay-fed. In return, they provided dairy products like cheese, milk, and butter with excellent quality and flavor. This butter is not an exception. Its yellowish color assures it 100%. It is pure, hormone-free, rBST-free that is perfect for baking, toasting, cooking and as a main ingredient for bulletproof coffee.
A delicious butter, which is well-packed when it arrives at your door, promises a rich and creamy finish for your dishes. As you unpack it, it greets you with a real butter aroma.
Isigny Unsalted Butter
- Brand: Isigny
- Flavor: Unsalted
- Weight: 8.8 Ounces
- Delectable tang
- Yellow color guarantees its 100% grass-fed
- Free from additives
- Versatile, great for any foods including croissant.
France doesn’t solely produce wine, but aims to provide creamy and delicious butter, too. The history of this butter dates back to the 16th century. After 3 centuries in the 19th century, the population of Paris alone consumed a staggering 800 tons of butter a year! Isigny’s complete natural environment provides a perfect feeding habitat for cows that produce milk which is churned into butter. Mild and damp climate, which is located near the sea are just excellence for these herd to feed on grass rich in beta carotene, iodine, and trace elements.
The quality then is reflected in this finished product. It is yellow in appearance, with an obscure taste of hazelnuts. It is even rich in Vitamin A. It is hard to imagine this butter absent in our cup of BPC. Not even in our foods or bread.
What To Look For When Buying Best Butter For Keto?
You do not just buy things and foods, without a reason or two. When it comes to your beloved bulletproof coffee and keto foods, you don’t want to blend in or infuse some leftover butter in your fridge. Butter plays an important role in the taste, as well as the nutrition of your coffee.
In this section, you will be enlightened on what to look for when buying your butter.
Grass fed is still the best
So how do you know it is grass-fed? And what if it’s not? Normally, manufacturers include it on the packaging of the product which is also written in their website.
Grass-fed cows graze on fresh grass. They are allowed to forage on their foods. While they are probably given some substitutes like alfalfa during the winter season, the aim is to provide the closest natural diet for healthy benefits from the dairy products they produce. Compared to grain-fed, the first produces products that are richer in Omega 3 and B vitamins. The reason why some farmers opt for grains for their herd is it is higher in calories that forces quick growth, thus cheaper when sold and profit is faster.
Is it organic?
Organic-fed cows are not given hormones, antibiotics or not fed with grass with pesticides. But it doesn’t mean it’s purely grass. It could be corn or soy. Naturally, cattle feed from grasses. However, for the purpose of producing organic products like meat, milk, and butter, they are fed with soy and corn, which are pesticide-free. This results in the unbalanced ratio of omega 6 vs omega 3, which then leads to potential reduced anti-inflammatory functions.
Organic fed cows produce organic dairy products, which are free from pesticides, antibiotics, and hormone. This means then, that when you consume it, you are free from these toxins that may lead to health problems. So how do you know a certain brand is organic? Again, it’s specified by the producers in the packaging, and states it in their website.
When you check each brand’s packaging, nutrition facts are well described. The ketogenic diet aims to increase the fat intake, a good one that is while lowering the carbohydrates. For old-time keto fanatics, bulletproof coffee is considered a meal. That is why, it is important to fully pack it with necessary good fat. And butter provides that. So you might as well go for butter that has the highest fat content.
Studies show that saturated fat, which is present in butter improves several medical conditions. It aids in the improvement of cardiovascular health, promotes stronger bones, and has the ability to protect the liver from medications and alcohol. Moreover, it is also essential in helping to relieve breathing difficulties, allow optimum brain functions and found to play a vital role in immune health.
Butter can be expensive
In our daily living, we purchase things that satisfy our needs. And in every single penny we spend, we want to make sure we get back its worth. Butter is no exception. Not only it is vital in your BPC, but it’s fundamental on your table, too. So, should you buy the most expensive one to get the most out of it?
Sometimes a butter is expensive because it comes with a shipping fee. Manufacturers come from different countries, and if you are unlucky and your favorite butter needs to be shipped miles away, then it comes with a price. Furthermore, the production cost is a factor, too.
Meanwhile, the most expensive ones may be delicious, which is what we seek for, it doesn’t mean it is for everybody. If you want a blander one, a cheaper variety is available. So, our answer to the question above is no. The first thing you need to do is understand your butter needs and look for one that meets them, which is not necessarily a high-priced one. Are you into sweetness? Does the aroma matter?
The color of butter matters
Butter comes from milk, which is white. Why is it yellow in color in the form of butter? Making it requires churning cream. In this process, the latter is agitated and the membrane breaks apart to expose the beta carotene. The butterfat, which is the most yellow separates from the buttermilk after such a process.
Grass-fed cows mostly provide yellowish butter. This is due to the beta carotene present in grasses. Whereas, organic-fed ones produce lighter shade that tells less beta carotene. Be cautious though, because some producers add coloring agents, usually annatto that gives a yellow-orange hue.
Finally, seeing a yellowish butter may raise our perception of taste. So if you have that kind of enjoyment, then you should seriously look into this factor the next time you’re shopping.
It is pretty hard to choose between two bests, but the Irish win this round over the French. The Kerrygold Pure Irish butter offers a delicious savor that anyone would want in their coffee, foods and bread. Though a little expensive, we don’t mind spending that extra buck because it satisfies our sweetness cravings from the best butter for keto.
Share your thoughts in the comments section!