A convection oven is a very useful kitchen appliance that can help you save time and become more productive in the kitchen. It is a big upgrade to the bulky and heavy conventional ovens you’ve grown up with.
There are many brands and models of countertop convection ovens to choose from. We’ve made a shortlist that can help you find the best countertop convection oven.
Best Countertop Convection Oven On The 2022 Market
|1. Cuisinart CSO-300N1 Steam & Convection Oven||A+||5/5|
|2. Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven||A||4/5|
|3. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven With Element IQ||A||4/5|
|4. NutriChef Electric Countertop Multifunction Convection Oven||A||4/5|
|5. Oster TSSTTVFDDG Digital French Door Oven||A||4/5|
Cuisinart CSO-300N1 Steam & Convection Oven
Cuisinart Convection, Stainless Steel Steam & Convection Oven, 20×15
- 1800 Watt Rating
- 120 minutes of steady, uninterrupted steam , UC LWH: 22.05″ x 17.32″ x 13.27″ ; MC LWH: 23.15″ x 18.03″ x 14.49″.
- Specialized bread proofing technology, Bakes & proofs bread better and faster. Increases moisture retention
- Accommodates a whole 4.5 lb. chicken or a 12″ pizza.UC Cubic feet-2.93
- Steam clean technology. Cooks up to 40% quicker than conventional ovens
If you are a fan of multifunctional appliances, then this Cuisinart convection oven will surely catch your fancy. This unique appliance combines the functions of an oven and a steamer.
You can use this appliance to create anything a traditional steamer can make, like poached vegetables or steamed chicken, fish, or rice. The heat from the steamer can also cut the cooking time by 40%.
You can use the steamer separately, or you can use it together with the bake or broil function to make roasts that are crispy on the outside but juicy and tender on the inside.
Do you like pretzels, rolls, or even donuts? With a special setting, this oven will let you create your own bakery treats with ingredients that you know are safe for you and your family.
Hate cleaning up after cooking? Then you will love the Clean Steam feature of this oven. It makes cleaning up convenient and easy.
- Has a steamer function
- Cooks 40% faster than conventional ovens
- Has a special setting for proofing bread and baking treats
- Has a Clean Steam feature for easy cleanup.
- Has no stay on an oven
- Quite bulky.
Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel, Extra-Large Capacity, Black, Dark Gray
- Quartz heating element delivers 40% more even heat and preheats faster (Compared to conventional tube heating element)
- Extra-large capacity can fit a 12” pizza
- 11 preset cooking functions: Bake, Pizza, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Roast, Defrost, Warm, Reheat, Cookies, Dehydrate
- High-contrast LCD display for intuitive control of all features
- Included accessories: baking pan, pizza pan, dehydrator rack, and wire rack
This Toaster Oven from Calphalon uses an innovative quartz heating element. This feature allows the oven to preheat in seconds. It also allows the oven to deliver greater heat than other models by up to 40% more.
This oven also has a large interior capacity that can easily fit a regular-sized pizza. It also has 11 preset settings, making it easy to bake, broil, defrost, roast, reheat, dehydrate, and warm. It also includes settings for specific types of food, such as toast, bread, cookies, bagels, and of course – pizza.
It is easy to track and monitor the food you are preparing in this oven with its intuitive high-contrast LCD display. You can also easily view the cooking progress with the built-in interior light.
With an all-metal body, this countertop convection oven is designed to last for many years. It also comes with a number of accessories, such as a wire rack, a pizza pan, a baking pan, and a dehydrator rack.
With a sleek design and a dark finish, this oven will definitely look good in any kitchen. It’s a true beauty inside and out.
- Gorgeous design
- Preheat in seconds
- Delivers 40% more heat than other ovens
- Designed to be durable
- Includes plenty of accessories.
- Not as space-saving as other ovens. (Make sure to measure your countertop before buying.)
Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven With Element IQ
Breville Smart Oven Pro Toaster Oven, Brushed Stainless Steel, BOV845BSS
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 10 cooking functions as an interior oven light guides you to perfection
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it’s needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro’s convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow cook
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using the slow cook function, designed for long cook times at low temperatures; Slow Cook for up to 10 hours before the setting automatically turns to keep warm
So what is Element IQ? It is actually a system that sets this Breville oven apart from other brands and makes it a truly smart oven. With this feature, heat is transferred intelligently across five quartz elements. This provides stable and precise heat and food that is cooked to perfection.
Are you the type who is always on the go? This oven can be a blessing to busybodies with its super-fast 1800 W preheat that gets food to the table fast.
This oven allows you to prepare bagels, toast, pizza, and more at the touch of a button with its 10 cooking functions. What sets it apart from other convection ovens is its slow cook function.
This feature elevates the status of this device from being a mere baking companion to a true multifunctional kitchen tool.
It is for days when you want to take things slow and create something special. This function allows complex flavors to develop and for ingredients to be tender. You can slow cook in this oven for up to ten hours. When your dish is done, the oven will automatically shut off.
You can access all of the oven’s smart functions through its intuitive LCD display.
- Provides stable and precise heat through the Element IQ feature
- Super fast 1800W preheat feature
- Slow cook function
- Intuitive LCD display.
- Has the potential to be a fire hazard. (BUT ONLY IF YOU DIDN’T READ THE MANUAL. The manual clearly warns users to place the oven four inches away from any objects from all sides. Maybe the manufacturers should print the warning on the box instead.)
NutriChef Electric Countertop Multifunction Convection Oven
Electric Countertop Multifunction Convection Oven – 1800W 42QT Smart Digital Stainless Steel Compact Kitchen Black Rotisserie Toaster w/Baking Pan, Grill Rack Tray, Glass Door – NutriChef PKSTMOVN72
- 1800 WATT POWER: The NutriChef Convection Oven is a next-gen multi-function cooker. With 1800W power offers versatile meal preparation — fry, toast, roast, steam and more. Features air vortex fan that circulates hot air inside the oven to cook food
- 8 COOKING MODES: The smart multifunction toaster offers 8 preset cooking modes for your convenience including air fry, bake, steam, roast, DIY, preheat, and more! Also offers descaling mode to clean, maintain the condition and performance of the oven
- SIMPLE OPERATION: Countertop oven features simple plug-in operation. Place the pan/ rack tray into the oven when baking and the included rotisserie fork skewer when roasting. Put the food, set the desired temp, adjust the function knob and timer
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE: Timer allows cooking time of up to a maximum of 24 hours, the timer will then sound an alarm and the oven will automatically power off once the set time is over. Set the desired temperature from 86 °F up to a maximum of 450 °F
- STAIN-RESISTANT: Equipped with easy to clean black stainless steel housing. Additional features include LED digital display, soft touch button controls, easy-refill water tray for steaming (1.5qt), heat resistant glass door, and built-in oven lamp
This is another multifunctional appliance that can help you become more productive in the kitchen. It can replace your other kitchen appliances because apart from baking, it can also steam, roast, preheat, air fry, and more.
It also has a descaling function that cleans the oven to keep it in tip-top shape and maintain its condition and performance.
The oven’s housing is made from stainless steel, making it easy to clean. It is also stain-resistant for easy maintenance. The heat-resistant glass door ensures safety even when you use the oven daily.
Need something to be cooked for 24 hours straight? It’s not going to be a problem with this oven because it has a timer that you can set for up to a day.
When your dish is done, you will hear an alarm, and the oven will shut off automatically. The oven’s temperature range is from 86 °F up to a maximum of 450 °F.
This oven is ideal for minimalists who want to replace some of the appliances in their kitchens that perform only one function.
- Multifunction. Has 8 modes
- Easy to clean with its stain-resistant body
- Has a 24-hour timer
- Has a descaling function that cleans and maintains the oven.
- Unreliable customer service
- The included instruction manual is not helpful.
Oster TSSTTVFDDG Digital French Door Oven
Oster Convection Oven, 8-in-1 Countertop Toaster Oven, XL Fits 2 16″ Pizzas, Stainless Steel French Door
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an adjustable time of upto 6 hours
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to where you need for precise cooking
The first thing that you will notice about this oven is its unique design brought about by its French door. It is not just for aesthetic value, though. The design makes it easy for you to open the door with one hand so you can place dishes in the oven with ease.
This oven comes with not just one but two racks, so you can cook more with less time. It features a turbo convection baking technology that allows you to cook faster and create baked goodies that are evenly browned.
It also has an extra large interior that is big enough to hold two 16. Pizzas. This oven cooks efficiently and uses up to 50% less power than conventional ovens making it a green way to cook your meals.
With a 90-minute timer, you can cook your food as long as needed. When it’s done, the oven will turn off automatically.
- The unique French-door design makes it easy to open the door with one hand
- Comes with 2 racks for greater flexibility
- Uses a turbo convection baking technology
- Use 50% less energy than conventional ovens
- Has a 90-minute timer.
- You may need some time to get used to the French door design.
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Countertop Convection Oven
There are many models and brands of countertop convection ovens to choose from. Choosing one that is right for you can be a daunting task.
Choosing the right one is important because convection ovens are not cheap. They require a bit of an investment.
It is important for you to have a guide. Below are the factors to consider when buying the best countertop convection oven.
The Food You Want To Cook
You are probably thinking of buying a convection oven because there are dishes that you want to cook. The food you plan to cook with a convection oven is an important factor to consider when you shop for a convection oven.
If you want to be able to cook a full-sized pizza, then you need to make sure that the oven you will buy is big enough to hold a 16-inch.
If you have a big family or if you are fond of holding parties at your place, then you should consider getting an oven with a double rack so you can cook two pizzas at the same time. You need to check the interior capacity of the oven and not just the dimensions.
If you are planning to use the oven for baking a cake or making a casserole, then you need to make sure that it is deep enough to be able to accommodate your baking and casserole pans. If you love roasted chicken, then you need to get an oven with a rotisserie function.
If you are planning to prepare food that is healthy, then you should get an oven with a steamer function. There are also ovens that can also air-fry so you can enjoy “fried? Food minus the oil.
Ease Of Use
If you are technology-challenged, then you should choose a convection oven that is user-friendly.
If you haven’t seen a modern convection oven yet, then you will be surprised at how “high-tech. They look. Most have this flashy LCD display, and it resembles a computer more than a kitchen appliance.
If you still live in the 90s as far as technology is concerned and you just want an oven you can use to prepare meals for yourself and your family; there is nothing for you to worry about.
There are still several convection ovens in the market today that are very simple to use with old-school knobs and buttons.
However, you must keep in mind that technology and new features are actually meant to make consumers’ lives easier.
So if you are brave enough to face your fear of technology, you might discover that modern convection ovens are much simpler to use than the ovens you’ve grown up with.
It is also not advisable for you to get an oven with features that you think will not be useful to you. If you feel like you will need to read the manual every time you use the oven, then it’s probably not the right one for you.
Cleaning And Maintenance
If you are a busy individual, then you need to choose a convection oven that is easy to clean and maintain. One of the best things about countertop convection ovens is that they don’t need to be cleaned as often as conventional ovens do.
You should also consider getting ovens with self-cleaning functions. Getting an oven with a dark stain-resistant finish is also advisable if you don’t want to spend a lot of time wiping the housing of the oven. You should also check out the oven with parts that are easy to clean or are dishwasher safe.
One of the reasons why you are probably planning to buy a convection oven in the first place is that you are looking for a relatively small kitchen appliance that can take care of your cooking needs.
You might be surprised, though, that not all convection ovens are small as you imagined them to be. In general, convection ovens are bigger than microwave ovens and regular toaster ovens.
You need to measure the size of your countertop before you buy a convection oven. You also need to check if there are cabinets above your counter.
You need to make sure that the oven will have ample space on all of its sides, or it can overheat and may even pose a danger to your household.
It is also not advisable to buy a convection oven that is too small. A small oven may affect your cooking efficiency and may not meet all of your needs.
For us, the best countertop convection oven is the Cuisinart CSO-300N1 Steam & Convection Oven. It hits the perfect balance of having the right size and functionality.
It is easy to use but still has the modern features of most convection ovens today. It is a multifunctional appliance that can bake and steam. And it has a steam-clean function that makes it easy to clean and maintain.
After getting the perfect oven, make sure your baked dishes come out perfectly every time. Check out our recommendations for the best oven thermometers, too! If you loved this article, leave a comment below!